Hawk DTC-70 Racing Front Brake Pads
Extremely high torque with aggressive controllable initial bite. Superior release and torque control characteristics. Brake pads designed for cars with high deceleration rates with or without down force.
Hawk DTC-70 Racing Front Brake Pads HB453U.585
- Fits: 2007-2012 Shelby GT500, 2012-2013 Boss 302, 2011-2014 Mustang GT with Brembo caliber.
- 4 Pads Per Set
- Recommended hardware: Centric Plain 120 Series Rotors
The HAWK DTC-70 are a high temperature and high torque pad, providing superior pad and rotor wear and excellent torque control. This race only pad exhibits excellent modulation and release characteristics and is designed for high deceleration rates and high temperature fade resistance. Min./Max operating temperature range: 400 to 1600 degrees, with optimal temperature range of 800 to 1200 degrees. Recommended for open track/road course racing and high speed applications. All brake pads require a burnishing or bedding-in procedure in order to achieve optimal performance and durability. During the bedding-in process the pad conforms to the rotor surface and generates an important transfer film. Hawk recommends the following bedding procedure. Cover up any cooling ducts before attempting. Rotors and pads must reach track racing temps/conditions:
- 8 to 10 stops from 60 MPH to 5 MPH. Do not stop completely or allow brakes to drag.
- 8 to 10 stops that simulate race braking conditions, engaging ABS etc. Be sure to keep safety in mind at these speeds!
- Come to a complete stop without using your brake system (if possible) and allow rotors and pads to cool for a minimum of 15 minutes
- Failure to properly bed brake pads in or use of different pad compound types on the same rotor can result in what feels like a warped rotor. In reality, brake pad material is simply NOT evenly distributed on the rotor surface.