CorteX Entry Level Double A-Arm SLA Front Suspension 2005-2014 S197 Mustang
CorteX Entry Level Double A-Arm SLA Front Suspension 2005-2014 S197 Mustang (Modified OEM Spindles)
Fitment: 2005-2014 S197 Ford Mustang
CorteX short-long arm (SLA) suspension systems (also known as a double wishbone suspension) are a no-compromise solution to anyone that wants the ultimate handling solution for their vehicle. There really is no substitute for a properly designed SLA suspension. Compared to a front struts suspension an SLA has superior camber gain, roll center stability and in most cases additional tire clearance. Here are some key benefits to a properly designed SLA suspension:
- -Lower lap time by 2-4 seconds depend on the length and features of the track on a back to back test with the same tires!
- -More tire rubber on ground at any given situation.
- -Reduced entry and mid-corner understeer without loss of rear end grip!
- -Reduced static camber requirement
- -Roll center much more stable both vertically and laterally making handling more consistent and predictable
- -Much less sensitive to changes in ride height. For example, lowering the chassis one inch only causes the roll center to drop one inch.
- -High-quality damper significantly less expensive – e.g. double eyelet coilover shocks are nearly half the cost of equivalent struts which nearly pays for the conversion to SLA.
- -Inherently stronger design since components are in tension and compression instead of bending
Advantage over competitors products:
- -Quicker and easier to install
- -Less expensive and better value
- -Utilized more advanced and heavy duty OEM steering rack including the electronic power assist steering (EPAS)
- -Stiffer, more reliable, and more adjustable spindle/hub assembly with integrated wheels speed sensors
- -Damper and spring loads are fed into shock towers at the OEM load bearing point eliminating the excessive deflection found in competitors systems
- -Stronger and stiffer k-member, shock mounts, and control arms
- -More advanced damper selection
- -Wide range of brake system options already available
- -Easily adjustable roll center
Designed for use with OEM steering rack, hydraulic or EPAS. NOT compatible with Mustang II or FOX or SN95!
- -Modified OEM Spindles (not pictured)
- -Race-Duty Lower Arms (set)
- -Upper Control Arms (set)
- -UCA Mounts (set)
- -Upper shock mounts (set)
- -Adjustable Anti-Roll Bar Kit
- -JRi Single Adjustable Shocks (other options available)
- -Springs & Coil Over Hardware (pair)
- -Bump Steer Kit
- -Motor Mounts (set)
- -EPAS rack retrofit available for 2005-2010 if desired (see options)
-CorteX Radial Spindles are in images, but are NOT included!
-EPAS Retrofit Kit (2005-2010) Does NOT include EPAS Rack.
-Shipping included in retail price!