CorteX Racing Xtreme-Grip S197 Suspension System, Street 2005-2014 Mustang
CorteX Racing Xtreme-Grip S197 Suspension System, Street – Complete , 2005 - 2014 Mustang
Fitment: 2005 to 2014 Ford Mustang
The Xtreme-Grip complete suspension system address all the major shortcomings of the S197 platform. CorteX Racing updates the dampers and springs, adds a watts link to the rear-end, updates the rear suspension geometry to correct the geometry for lowered right height and adds front alignment capability. Overall what you get is a chassis with a lot more mechanical grip that is better balanced for aggressive driving both on and off the track.
Professionally engineered and tested in SCCA competition, this system will take you to the next level of performance. Xtreme-Grip S197 Street Suspension System Includes:
- -Koni Struts and Rear Coil over Shock with Springs
- – Kit comprised of single adjustable, “custom valved” Koni struts and Koni rear coilover dampers with matching springs suitable for street use.
- -Spring rates specified by CorteX Racing, but customization to suit driving style and specific application.
- -Optional offset strut housings allowing fitment of 18 x 10.5, 19 x 10.5, or 20 x 10.5 wheels and 315mm wide tires.
- -Caster/Camber plates allowing setting camber to at least -2.5 degree camber for track alignments
- -Bump stops – Struts include integrated bump stops
- -Rear lower control arm bracket set that optimizes suspension geometry at lowered rides height (2”+ lower than OEM).
- -Rear tubular lower control arms come with heim joints at both ends and angle-correction spacers (Set).
- -Rear shock mounts rear upper and lower shock mount allowing fitment of 18 x 10.5 rear wheels and 315mm wide tires as standard.
- -Watts Link package – adjustable, lightweight, yet extremely durable. The street version comes with poly bushing on the chassis side joints.
- -CorteX’s revolutionary differential cover incorporates the watts pivot mount as well as provision for a differential cooler and temperature sensor.
- -Fast adjustment of the rear roll center has made balancing the car easier than ever.
We do not recommend using other manufacturer’s K-members or Front Lower Control Arms (LCAs) with the Xtreme-Grip S197 Mustang Suspension Systems. Although they may save weight, the light-duty K-member and LCAs have more deflection and are of a weaker design than the OEM Ford units. Most of the weight can be saved by changing to aftermarket motor mounts and upgrading to the Boss 302S front lower control arms.